Forum Thread: How to Know That Your Boyfriend Is Perfect

Life's journey simply becomes more enjoyable, exciting and fulfilling when you have Mr. Right by your side. But who is the ideal man, and how do you know that you have found him? While every woman has a different definition of what her "perfect" guy would be, these are 7 solid signs to indicate that your boyfriend is for keeps.

1. He appreciates who you are.

You are unique and wonderful in your own way. Whether you wake up the neighborhood with your bathroom singing or like solving Sudoku puzzles in the middle of the night, he accepts you exactly the way you are. He doesn't want to change anything about you.

2. He keeps his promises.

It can be extremely annoying when a guy insists that he will do something, but never gets around to do it. A true gentleman doesn't backtrack on his words, but walks the talk. You rest assured that he only makes commitments that he intends to keep.

3. He stands by you.

He may not agree with your every decision, but supports the choices you make. He is there for you in success and in failure, in health and in sickness, in laughter and in tears.

4. He gives you space.

Psychologists say that having privacy in a relationship is more important than sex. The perfect boyfriend allows you enough me-time, and doesn't try to sneak a peek into your personal diary. He doesn't want you to lose the "I" in the "We."

5. He is not jealous or insecure.

Did she just check him out? Who is that guy who texted her in the middle of the night? What is she doing on a Saturday night without me? Nope, this man doesn't waste time on such silly questions. He trusts you and is certain that you trust him.

6. He gets along with your family.

You don't need to fret when it comes to meeting the family. The perfect guy puts on his best behavior in front of your parents and tries to befriend your sibling. Dream come true when he comfortably fits in with your family on thanksgiving dinners.

7. He is interesting.

Life is too short to be thinking of other things when he is talking. Whatever his interests and passions, he is exciting and fun to be around. In fact, he will introduce you to a side of life that you haven't seen before. I know someone who had never parasailed, driven a motorbike or been to an opera before she met her boyfriend.

Remember that perfection doesn't exist, but there is someone imperfectly perfect out there for you. And I hope that all you remarkable women find The One and end up marrying him — just like me.

Step 1:

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts